What is Hybrid IT Support?
Hybrid IT Support is when a company uses a combination of its own internal IT department and a managed service provider. Companies often do this because they need a certain skillset or technology. Another reason is they are overwhelmed with calls or projects.
Clearly, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) core business is IT. As such, they have invested heavily in people, technology, and tools that far exceed what an SMB can afford. Therefore, this can be a very good arrangement, as long as there is a clear separation of responsibilities.
Why Would a Company Want Hybrid IT Support?
Unfortunately, it is very expensive to run your own IT department. Not only do you have to pay competitive salaries, but you must also have the right IT tools to deliver support successfully. This can get expensive quickly. In addition, a full IT department consists of a helpdesk, a mid-level engineer, and a senior engineer. Therefore, a full IT department is often too expensive for an SMB.
5 Types of Hybrid IT Support Services
- Network Monitoring – Managed Service Providers (MSPs) have access to robust Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) software because they service multiple clients. Subsequently, the RMM software benefits the client by minimizing downtime, enhancing security, lowering the total cost of ownership, streamlining maintenance, and improving productivity.
- Helpdesk – Helpdesk is ideal for a company that has senior-level internal resources for strategic direction and server work. The best thing about the helpdesk is they can handle 80% of the calls. Consequently, this frees up the internal IT department’s time for higher-level issues.
- Tier 3 Support – Tier 3 support is ideal for a company that has its own desktop engineers and needs help with strategic direction and server-level work.
- Projects – Internal IT Departments often turn to outsourced IT for project-related work. This allows them to maintain end-user service levels.
- Overflow – Often internal IT departments find themselves overwhelmed. This could be during peak times, peak seasons, or they are slightly understaffed. In these cases, it doesn’t make sense to hire full-time personnel, so they use an IT outsourced company.
INSIs Hybrid Solution
INSI has several programs for Internal IT Departments. Because we separate each tier and service into its own offering, the client can pick and choose the exact services they want. Subsequently, this minimizes overlapping responsibilities. It also creates stronger relationships and mutual trust.
In addition to our INSI Customized IT™, Monitored, and Managed Services programs, INSI has multiple options available. They include:
- Cloud Computing – You can choose between INSI’s Cloud or third-party cloud such as Azure or AWS. We will install and maintain it for you.
- Backup & Disaster Recovery – Always the client’s choice: onsite or remote.
- Managed Security – INSI can handle everything from basic security to Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM).
- Cabling and Fiber – Cabling and wireless services from single business lines all the way up to installations for Internet Service Providers.
- Helpdesk – Get helpdesk at entry-level rates.
- Tier 3 Support – Choose to work only with Tier 3 engineers and get the help you need on your projects and server infrastructure.
- CIO Services – Get strategic direction from a senior architect. This expert will get to know your business goals and align an IT strategy that is specific to your needs.
- Pass-Through Tickets – Have the INSI helpdesk take the initial calls and put them in the queue for your engineers. We can also arrange to take the overflow if your engineers are backlogged and can’t respond to the issues within a certain amount of time.
- Warehousing – With warehousing, we keep spares of your end-user equipment and swap them out as needed.
- Technology Tools – Technology tools can be expensive to license, program, and maintain. With this program, you can get full access to your account on our ticketing and asset tracking system. Now you can have all the functionality without the extraordinary cost.
Do You Want To Learn More About INSI Hybrid Solution?
If you would like to learn more about INSI’s Hybrid Solutions, please call 770-387-2424 to speak to one of our seasoned IT Support Consultants.
Are You Ready to Hire Your Own Internal IT Department?
If you are on the cusp of bringing your IT in-house, visit Amazon or Barnes & Noble for a copy of the book IT Outsourcing Secrets – A Small Business Guide to Comparing IT Support Companies. Chapter 4 covers the information you need to recruit and set up a successful internal IT program.